Everyone is in the Business of Data; New Release of Driven Delivers Deep Visibility and Insight for Data Applications
SAN FRANCISCO – Nov. 6, 2014 – Concurrent, Inc., the leader in data application infrastructure, today introduced a new version of Driven, the industry’s leading application performance management product for the data-centric enterprise. Driven is purpose-built to address the challenges of enterprise application development and deployment for business-critical data applications, delivering control and performance management for enterprises seeking to achieve operational excellence.
Driven offers enterprise users – developers, operations and line of business – unprecedented visibility into their data applications, providing deep insights, search, segmentation and visualizations for service-level agreement (SLA) management – all while collecting rich operational metadata in a scalable data repository. This allows users to isolate, control, report and manage a broad range of data applications, from the simplest to the most complex data processes. Driven is a proven performance management solution that enterprises can rely on to deliver against their data strategies.
The latest version of Driven introduces:
- Deeper Visualization into Data Apps: Enhanced support allows users to debug, manage, monitor and search applications more effectively and in real time. Users can also track and store complete history of each application’s performance and operational metadata.
- Powerful Search: Fast and rich search capabilities enable users take the guess work out of managing Hadoop applications. Driven provides greater control over managing user data processing. It quickly identifies problematic applications and the associated owners, and finds and compares specific applications with previous iterations to ensure that all applications are meeting SLAs.
- Operational Insights for SLA Management: Users can now visualize all applications over customizable timelines to manage trending application utilization. Driven quickly segments applications by name, user-defined metadata, teams and organizations for deeper insights.
- Segmentation for Greater Manageability: New segmentation support provides greater insights across all applications. Users have the ability to segment applications by tags, names, teams or organization, and easily track for general Hadoop utilization, SLA management or internal/external chargeback.
- Metadata Repository: A scalable, searchable, fine-grained metadata repository easily captures end-to-end visibility of data applications, as well as related data sources, fields and more. By retaining a complete history of applications’ operational telemetry, enterprises can leverage Driven for operational excellence from development to production to compliance-related requirements.
- Integration with Existing Systems: Users can leverage the vast capabilities of Driven and deliver runtime metrics and notifications to existing enterprise monitoring systems.
- Additional Framework Support: In addition to Cascading, Scalding and Cascalog applications, Driven now supports Apache Hive and native MapReduce processes, allowing enterprises to leverage Driven’s capabilities across a wide variety of application frameworks.
Pricing and Availability
Driven is available as a free service on www.driven.io and licensable for production use as an annual subscription. Also, Driven will soon be available as an enterprise deployment. Sign up to be notified for when the self-hosted version becomes available.
“Our developers build applications on Cascading and rely on these applications to run our cloud-based platform for email marketing solutions. With Driven, our developers have unmatched operational visibility and control across all Cascading applications – including real-time monitoring, history and performance tracking over time. We already see the value and promise of Driven, as it’s allowing us to drive differentiation through our data and manage our data applications more efficiently, which, in turn, delivers on our mission to transform email marketing, maximize sales and increase revenue streams for our customers.”
– Johannes Alkjær, lead architect, Mojn
“We remain focused on Driven with this expansion beyond the Cascading ecosystem with the aim to help enterprises make the most of their existing talent and to simplify data project maturity levels – from development through to production. With this release, Driven continues to push the boundaries of operational visibility and performance across Cascading applications and sets a new precedent with new support for Apache projects like Hive.”
-Chris Wensel, founder and CTO, Concurrent, Inc.
- Driven: http://www.www.driven.io/driven
- Cascading: http://cascading.org
- Company: http://concurrentinc.com
- Contact us: http://concurrentinc.com/contact
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/concurrent
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/concurrent-inc.
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/getcascading
About Concurrent, Inc.
Concurrent, Inc. is the leader in data application infrastructure, delivering products that help enterprises create, deploy, run and manage data applications at scale. The company’s flagship enterprise solution, Driven, was designed to accelerate the development and management of enterprise data applications. Concurrent is the team behind Cascading, the most widely deployed technology for data applications with more than 200,000 user downloads a month. Used by thousands of businesses including eBay, Etsy, The Climate Corp and Twitter, Cascading is the de facto standard in open source application infrastructure technology. Concurrent is headquartered in San Francisco and online at http://concurrentinc.com.
Kulesa Faul for Concurrent, Inc.